EDogBlog

Living life as a Peace Corps municipal development volunteer in El Salvador from 06.2006 to 08.2008. Please note that the contents of this website are solely my own and do not reflect the views of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hola a todos y todas

I am safely in El Salvador, sitting in an internet cafe in my training town right now with three of my fellow trainees. I don´t have much time, but I wanted to update this to say that I am alive and well! I´m living smack dab in the middle of the country for the next ten weeks for training, and my host family is fantastic. El Salvador is very rainy right now, the bugs are big and the stomach bugs bigger, but there is something incredibly welcoming about this country and the people I have had the pleasure of meeting so far. At the moment, we´re just trying to become accustomed to our families and practice our spanish, but in a few days we´ll begin with spanish classes and community contact projects, such as talks to the students of local schools and small projects that we pursue as trainees. There are 26 of us in total from all over the United States and a few from Australia, and everyone is easy to get along with. There´s much to say and not enough time to say it in, so for now I´ll just say that I miss everyone very much, as well as hot showers and food that doesn´t have beans and tortillas somehow incorporated in it, but the sacrifices seem worth it so far. Of course, I think of all of you often and I look forward to speaking to you via email or phone (ojala!) Much love and God bless, Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home